Costa Rica considered “Third Best Investment Destination in the World”
In the placing of “The Top Best Countries to Invest In” 2019 Costa Rica took the 3rd position in the entire world after Uruguay and Saudi Arabia.
This study is updated yearly by U.S. News & World Report with the backing of Wharton school of the University of Pennsylvania and BAV Group.
Having the specific analysis on investment topics that gathers answers given by over 20k people from 36 countries in all continents for a wider survey that also feeds other reports. The Top Best Countries to Invest In covers the perception of 7k business people and considers 8 of the 65 items of the total survey, being: corruption, economic stability, dynamism, tax environment, qualified human talent, innovation and technological experience.
Here are some of the TOP reasons to invest in Costa Rica:
- Costa Rica has been relying on more than 98% clean energy over five consecutive years, leading the world by example in eco-friendly renewable energy resources.
- Costa Rica accounts for only 0.03 percent of the earth’s surface (has only 51.100km2). However it contains nearly 6 percent of the world’s biodiversity.
- Costa Ricans love their cellular phones. In a country with an official population of just under 4.5 million, there are about 4 million cell phones in use.
- Costa Rica has a relatively modern telecommunication infrastructure and has the second highest Internet coverage in Latin America.
- Costa Rica Education. Costa Rica boasts a literacy rate of 96 percent, making it the most literate population in Central America.
- Costa Rica has excellent healthcare. By almost any standard, Costa Rica has some of the best healthcare in Latin America. There are two systems, both of which expats can access: the government-run universal healthcare system, Caja Costarricense de Seguro Social, known as Caja, and the private system.